CLOSED FOR 2020 SEASON
Open approximately early June for 2-4 weeks depending on weather and fruit production.
Iowa Orchard U-Pick Strawberry Patch is located at 13140 NW 102nd Avenue in Granger on the Southside of Highway 141. View Map
We are open *Monday-Sunday from 8 AM to 2 PM.
*Picking is weather and ripe fruit availability permitting. If it is raining or rained the night before, we might be closed; also, strawberries do not ripen all at once, sometimes the field needs to recharge and green berries to ripen. Always call 515-276-0852 or check our Facebook page to make sure we are open.
COVID-19 U-PICK MESSAGE AND POLICY
Being outdoors with plenty of fresh air and wide-open space allows us to SAFELY enjoy strawberry picking while social distancing. Our 5-acre field allows us to space individual households 6ft apart, or more while picking. Multiple hand-washing stations are provided for customers and staff.
With all of the above there are still a few precautions we need you to follow in order to protect yourself and others:
– you cannot enter the farm if feeling sick or displaying any symptoms of Covid-19
– you must maintain a safe 6-foot social distance at all times
– we strongly urge you to wear a facial cover only when checking in/out
-hand-washing stations provided: wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap right before checking out.
“Currently, there is no evidence to support a transmission of Covid-19 associated with food” as per CDC.gov – so wearing a mask while picking is your personal preference. Please, take into consideration the heat and humidity of the day if you choose to have a mask on you or children/adults you are responsible for while here.
– it is recommended by the Center for Disease Control to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before preparing/consuming any food
– do not bring your own containers to pick into – we will provide you with a new unused waxed cardboard box.